International Plasma Awareness Week (October 8-14, 2017)
This event is held annually and is designed to:
Raise global awareness about source plasma collection.
Recognize the contributions of plasma donors to saving and improving lives.
Increase understanding about lifesaving plasma protein therapies and rare diseases.
1. Events are held at plasma collection centers in Canada, U.S. and Europe.
2. This year Prometic Plasma Resources is inviting a representative from the Canadian Immunodeficiencies Patient Organization (CIPO), http://www.cipo.ca
3. CIPO represents patients that have deficiencies with their immune systems. These patients rely on plasma proteins like IGIV to lead normal healthy lives. We look forward to giving our donors a chance to meet people that rely on their donations everyday.
4. If you are not a donor, come for a tour. Learn how easy it is to donate and save lives.
5. If you are a donor come for a special treat with your donation.